What can we do with a DAO in 2020?

That was the topic of my talk at EthCC this year. Year after year, DAOs enjoy more attention from the crypto community and beyond, but we’re still far from prime-time exposure. My goal was to share an update on how we see DAOs today and how they can be used.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://daobase.org/what-can-we-do-with-a-dao-in-2020/

This was a really informative post. I especially liked the realpolitik dimension: yes, decentralization is the gradual ideal, but in reality many projects are founder-led. Great website, surprised it is so quiet.

1 Like

Thank you @pieofdao!
Are you associated with PieDAO? It’s a very cool project :wink:

Glad you like the site! We’ll be launching a Discord server and an actively maintained wiki soon, using SourceCred to reward contributions, so we should hopefully see activity pick up :slightly_smiling_face:

To answer you both in one post:
I am not associated with PieDAO officially. I am just a normal member (voted in, has DOUGH, votes, etc.). But you can tell what DAO I was reading about when I decided to pick a username for DAOs :stuck_out_tongue:

That is excellent news about the Discord server. I have been trying to find a place where people discuss the general concept of DAOs seperate from discussions of DeFi activity (especially yield farming). I’m excited to see that you guys recognize the significance of social dynamics to the process, rather than glide along the decentralization rhetoric, like surfers on a wave.
I intend to read the posts on here this weekend and contribute where I can.
pieofdao

You’re in the right place! We’ve been focused on DAOs for more than a year now, long before the DeFi hype.

Subscribe to the mailing list if you haven’t already, that’s where we’ll share news of the Discord server and details on how to contribute to the wiki.